Family cycling event coming soon!
A “Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day” event, sponsored by the Rancho Murieta Kiwanis Club is scheduled for 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M, Saturday, October 6, 2012 at Lake Clementia.
Co-sponsored by the Murieta Cycling and Murieta Trail Stewardship groups, the event will be patterned after similar events offered by the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA), and will feature activities for the entire family, including the following:
- Bike safety/helmet safety-mechanical support.
- Trial bike rides for all ages led by trail docents.
- Beginning riders on fire roads loop skills course, supervised by seasoned riders.
- Cruise the lake Clementia Trail rides for intermediate riders.
- Miles of beautiful single track rides for advanced riders.
The local Bicycle Plus shop will provide loaner helmets, and technical support.
Members of the Murieta Cycling Group will be sharing their skills for bike handling (as part of a safety activity program).
Members of the Murieta Trail Stewardship group will provide information about IMBA rules of the trail; helmet fitting; general safety hydration, nutrition, and other topics.
There will be music, a bike swap, food, and other activities for the entire family.
The event is open to all Rancho Murieta residents and their guests, who are encouraged to come out and join the fun!
For more information, contact Teresa Field at 893-8788 or Jason Zenker at 769-2457.