Posted by Men's Golf Club
A brisk morning greeted the 84 players on Saturday, Dec. 15, for our popular event. Rules were simple, win your match, snag a ham from Swingles, lose and you’re canned. That’s a can of Spam, everyone’s favorite. Marty Sakai and Ralph Coyle have recipes for that delicacy if needed. Prior to the start of play breakfast was served, and President Bryan Hottman presided over his last duty of introducing the 2019 Board of Directors: Darrell “Strom” Lewis, President; Joe Alves, Jr. VP; Mike Martel, Secretary; John Friedrich, Treasurer; Directors, DJ Milligan, Jared Alexander, Ross Sall, and new BOD member Joe Szemesi. Read more »
RMA committee tussle; Greenfield is replaced
In a series of meetings that lasted almost 2½ hours, the Rancho Murieta Association board on Tuesday night took the following actions:
- It decided to delay appointing committee chairs in the face of a loud crowd that wanted Stephanie Bianchi to continue as Recreation Committee chair. Apparently, there had been a behind-the-scenes effort to juggle committee assignments, and Bianchi did not want to give up her spot in Recreation.
- Staff announced that Greenfield Communications, which provides internet, TV and phone service to the community, is being replaced by Varcomm Inc., which purchased the Greenfield lease of the RMA cable system.
- The same directors will continue as officers for 2019: Alex Bauer as president, Larry Shelton as vice president, Cheryl McElhany as treasurer and Rob Brown as secretary. The vote was 6-1, with Bianchi dissenting.
- Santa Claus stopped by and handed out 19 prizes for the community’s best holiday lights.
Full coverage is upcoming at RanchoMurieta.com.
Posted by Men's Golf Club
The Rancho Murieta Association and Community Services District boards will prepare for the year ahead at their meetings this week. On Tuesday, the RMA board will select officers and committee chairs at a 5 p.m. organizational meeting, and begin its regularly scheduled 6:30 p.m. meeting by announcing the winners of the annual Holiday Lights contest. The board meets at the RMA Building. Read more »
Little did Julie Reimers know how it would end up when she bought her first two elves 25 years ago. Now she has 55 elves – the entire Zim’s Elves Themselves collection – around the Christmas tree she decorates with her husband, Tom Reimers, on Abierto Drive. Her collection started in the pre-internet days, when shopping for collectibles was much tougher. Now the elves ring the tree and fill a tabletop and the floor next to the tree. After Christmas, the elves return to their boxes in a closet, awaiting another December. Do you have a family holiday decorating tradition or a remarkable display? Let us know at email@example.com. (Click photos for larger images)
A man suffered moderate to major injuries in a single-vehicle accident Saturday evening on Scott Road, the CHP says. Officer Clyde Holland said the accident, with the driver the only occupant of a 2005 white Toyota pickup, occurred around 6:15 p.m. between Latrobe and Boys Ranch roads. The vehicle may have overturned a couple of times, Holland said. Numerous drivers stopped to assist, according to CHP reports Saturday evening. There was no further information available on the driver, who was transported to Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center.
- ADULT CARE SERVICES: Honor Thy Elders
- APPLIANCES and SERVICE: Valley Oak Home Appliance Center
- AUTO SERVICES and SALES: A Auto Care ... Radial Tire of Elk Grove
- BUSINESS SERVICES: CABS Bookkeeping Solutions
- CEMETERY and MORTUARY: Daneri Mortuary and Sunset View Cemetery
- DENTISTS: Jackson Creek Dental Group
- ELECTRICAL SERVICES: AMMA Electric
- GLASS REPAIR: Glass Doctor ... Southgate Glass
- GUTTER CLEANING: Shade's Commercial and Residential Services
- HARDWARE: Rancho Murieta Ace Hardware
- HOME REPAIR: Handy Bob's ... Neighborhood Pro Handyman
- HOUSEHOLD ORGANIZATION: Clear the Clutter
- INSURANCE: Farmers - Tom Mathews ... State Farm - Anne Lintz ... State Farm - Bill Batchelder
- INTERNET / PHONE: Greenfield Communications
- LEGAL: John M. O'Brien & Associates
- ORTHODONTIST: Elk Grove Orthodontics
- PETS: Rancho Murieta Pet Sitting
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: Results Physical Therapy of Rancho Murieta
- POWER WASHING: Squeaky Clean
- PROPANE: Kamps Propane
- RESTAURANTS: Meadowlands
- SPA: Prima Spa & Wellness Center
- SWIMMING POOL SERVICE: Crystal Pacific Pool Service
- TILE AND STONE: Murieta Carpet and Stone ... The Paver Company
- TREE SERVICES: Eco Landscape & Tree Management System