As a SOLOS member and Membership Chair, I continue to work towards building more community awareness and increasing our membership. SOLOS has over 900 members now and growing each week. We hope to reach 1000 members by year's end. Many community residents have expressed their concern for the current situation that involves a declining Country Club, as well as the potential for reduced open space, habitat endangerment and comprimised water quality and supply..
As our community grapples with issues regarding development, the Country Club,and housing values, it is concerning to see comments made in thr River Valley Times and on Rancho Murieta.com that are not based in fact.
Let's Set The Record Straight:
- SOLOS is a non-profit organization started by residents concerned about excessive development, particularly along the Cosumnes River and around the Back Lakes, which would signiificantly impact our open spaces, trails and wildlife.
- As awareness and concern grew so did the membership. Now over 900 community and business residents belong to SOLOS. They are from every area in Rancho Murieta- North, South, The Village, The Villas and The Plaza. Many SOLOS members are also Country Club members.
- None of these members have any financial investment or receive any financial gain from this organization.
- We have worked hard to understand and explain the potential hazards of development on the quality and supply of our water and the diminishment of our open spaces, both of which will ultimately affect our home values.
- We believe strongly that the "Back Lakes",again our water supply, will be seriously comprimised, if proposed home sites are allowed are allowed by the County to proceed.
- We recognize and support every effort to make the centerpiece of our community-the Country Club- a viable, stable community asset.
- We believe that it is possible to build homes that will draw people to our community who will want to celebrate and preserve its uniqueness. We also believe that clean, adequate water, healthy outdoor activities and space to relax and enjoy the Country Club are our greatest assets.
We have an opportunity before us to solve a multitude of problems facing Rancho Murieta. CSD,RMA,RMCC and Rancho North Properties, all working together on a solution will benefit the whole community. Ultimately Rancho Murieta can be an example of what a real Community is about. Let's give it a chance.
Linda Butler- SOLOS