| Filed under

 

House fire

 

No one was injured in a two-alarm fire overnight at 15054 Guadalupe Drive. Officials said the home's occupant escaped when the blaze broke out in the attached garage early Sunday. The fire caused an estimated $220,000 in damage, according to the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District.

Fire crews arrived at the home shortly after 1 a.m. to find the garage engulfed in flames and fire spreading into the attic, according to Sac Metro Assistant Chief Greg Mugartegui. He said the firefighting effort involved 36 firefighters, six fire engines and three fire trucks. The cause of the fire has not been determined, but the probable cause is considered to be a candle left burning unattended in the garage, Mugartegui said. Fire crews were on the scene until 5 a.m. and returned later in the day to assist the resident by covering damaged areas of the roof.

Your comments